This magic blend of Challah Flour already includes yeast. Just add water and knead into 2 wonderful loaves. We pre-sifted and combined with the perfect amount of sugar & salt to help you quickly make delicious bread.
Each bag makes 2 challah loaves. Ready in under 3 hours, including proofing time. Easy to follow 7-step recipe on the package.
Kosher Bdatz Yerushalim – Yoshon, Non-GMO, Vegan
Wheat Flour, Dry Yeast, Sugar, Salt, and the Following Added as Dough Conditioners: Ascorbic Acid, L-Cysteine, & SSL. (Contains Wheat)
- Cooking Instructions
1 whole bag of Pereg Challah Mix (2.2 lbs)
2 ¼ cups water
1 egg, optional
1 Tbsp water
Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl or mixer with a dough hook, combine the whole bag of Pereg Challah Mix and 2 ¼ cups water. Mix by hand or on medium speed for 7-10 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic (if still sticky need to knead longer.) Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Punch down dough and knead again for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a greased bowl and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts and roll each into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a snake shape and braid 3 together. Repeat with the remaining 3 to form the 2nd Place both loaves on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 30-60 minutes, until it’s about 1 ½ times larger, depending on room temperature (if warm it will rise faster.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place a tray with water at the bottom of the oven to generate steam while the challahs bake.
- In a small bowl beat the egg with 1 Tbsp water and a pinch of salt. Discard the plastic wrap and brush egg wash over the challahs. (You could also just use water instead of egg wash.) Sprinkle sesame seeds over top (or other topping ideas below.)
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes, until the challahs have a nice golden-brown crust. Cool completely on a wire rack before enjoying.
- Shipping Rates
Free Shipping on all orders of $49 or more! Orders up to $48.99 will be charged $9.95. For more information please visit our shipping page.
Great product! Easy to use and makes delicious challah.
Just made my first loaf of challah bread and it was great! So easy to make with my standing mixer and it looked beautiful. We had it fresh from with a little butter and then as French toast the next day for breakfast. Highly recommend!
Sent Challah mix to relatives stuck in..pandemic and snowstorm. Great family activity with delicious finale...slices of warm challah smeared with sweet butter. Terrific afternoon! Family even sent me video of the braiding fun.
great product easy to us