Greek Couscous Salad
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon extra olive oil. Then add couscous and stir. Cover with a lid and remove from heat. Let couscous steam for five minutes.
Fluff with a fork and let cool.
In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onions and then stir in couscous.
In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, remaining oil and salt, black pepper until well blended. Toss with couscous mixture and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh mint, feta and pine nuts right before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 8, 1/2-cup servings
- 1½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered cubed
- 1 cup cucumber (1 small), deseeded and small diced
- ½ cup halved pitted kalamata olives, minced
- ¼ cup red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- (optional) 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Like the recepie? Add all associated ingredients to your bag