Green Lentil and Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Heat oil in a large 3-4 quart stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 more minute.
Add cumin, curry powder, and salt and cook for 1 more minute.
Mix in water and lentils and bring to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
Then add sweet potato, cinnamon and coconut milk and simmer covered for 10-15 more minutes until lentils and potatoes are tender.
Add in spinach leaves and stir to wilt.
Serve over white rice and garnish with Greek yogurt and cilantro leaves.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6, 1-cup servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 (2 inch) fresh jalapeños, small diced
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and small diced
- 2 cups spinach, rough chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, rough chopped
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt for garnish
- 2 cups cooked white rice for serving
Like the recepie? Add all associated ingredients to your bag