Grilled Sesame Ginger Vegetable Couscous
Place the carrots, mushrooms and asparagus in a large bowl and toss with sesame oil, soy sauce, and black pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Heat the grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Put the vegetables on the grill or in a grill basket and grill while basting vegetables with extra marinade. Grill until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous. Bring the water to a boil and add couscous. Remove from heat, stir, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes until the couscous absorbs the liquid. Drain any extra liquid and cool.
When the vegetables are cool, slice the asparagus and carrots into diagonal bite sized pieces and slice the mushrooms. Combine with couscous.
To make the dressing, whisk together ginger, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper and scallions. Dress the couscous and garnish with cilantro. Serve at room temperature.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 1-cup servings
- 2 large carrots, cut in half the long way
- 1 cup button mushroom tops, cleaned
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1¼ cups water For dressing:
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (white/green parts)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Like the recepie? Add all associated ingredients to your bag