Heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep sauté pan. When the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped anchovies in oil and cook another 2 minutes until anchovies are very soft. Then add the garlic and red chili pepper flakes and sauté for an additional minute.
Then add in diced tomatoes, oregano, capers and olives and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt if needed.
While the sauce is simmering, make your pasta. Bring 4-6 quarts of water with ½ tablespoon salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Add pasta and return to a rapid boil. Cook uncovered stirring occasionally until pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes.
Drain the pasta well and toss with ¾ of the sauce. Serve with more sauce on top and Parmesan cheese and basil for garnish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 1-cup servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, small diced
- 3-4 canned anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¾ cup pitted green olives, sliced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, rough chopped
Like the recepie? Add all associated ingredients to your bag