Carrot Cake Oatmeal
In a small saucepan, over high heat, toast the oats and walnuts until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
Stir in shredded carrots, raisins, turmeric, and salt. Add water and bring to a boil.
Reduce to simmer and cook until oatmeal is done, 8-12 minutes.
Stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Swirl in the brown sugar or maple syrup, and butter if you're feeling decadent!
Portion into bowls, sprinkle shredded coconut on top, and enjoy!
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 ½ cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ cup Raisins (more or less to your preference)
- 1/8 tsp Pereg Ground Turmeric ↗
- 1/8 tsp Pereg Fine Red Sea Salt ↗
- 2 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Pereg Pumpkin Spice ↗
- Orange Zest – from about ½ orange
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp Butter (optional)
- 1/8 cup Shredded Coconut
Like the recepie? Add all associated ingredients to your bag